Monday, April 04, 2011

March Quilting Accomplishments

March proved to be a very productive month for me in the quilting studio! I've been getting lots done and finished up several UFO's which feels great.
I finished quilting and sewing the binding on as well as the hand sewing on the binding of the Twister tablerunner.
IMG_0146
I made about 8 receiving blankets for Mikaela, some for daycare and some just because.
Mikaela 119
The camo one is one of my favorites.
Quilt 015
I also made her some burp clothes for daycare.
Mikaela 121
And some other burp clothes, just because.
Mikaela 169
I made this pillowcase out of some of mom's pink ribbon fabric.
Mikaela 163
I made this pillowcase from a kit mom picked up last year on shop hop.
Mikaela 167
I made, quilted, and put the binding on this tablerunner to go with a queen size Double Irish Chain for friends.
Quilt 013
I finished the quilting and hand stitching on the binding on the Double Irish Chain. Hope to give it to friends next weekend.
Mom's Quilts 002
Snowman Tablerunner quilted and binding done, another of Mom's UFO's finished!
Quilt 034
Made this tablerunner Quilt As You Go for a sample for FC.
Quilt 037
Made this mini diaper bag from scraps of fat quarters mom had made a larger schlep bag out of. It's the perfect size for short trips.
Quilt 041

I also got about 60 Crown Royal bags cut out for my little brother's quilt. I hope to get more done this month and maybe get started on the actual top. I also spent quite a bit of time putting away the fabric I received from my mom and sorting out and organizing her UFO's. I figure there are about 30 UFO's and quite a few that aren't started, but are projects. I've finished about quite a few so far, so I'm making progress.
The only goal I didn't accomplish was another snowflake twister table topper, but I'll have to work on that later. I just wasn't feeling the motivation with the nice weather. I'm back at work and so far Mikaela is doing well at daycare and work is going good. It's nice to have a routine.
I got 91 hours in, but a lot of it was before I went to work and the few hours every evening Paul watches her so I can sew. Quilting has really been my therapy and I find so much relaxation in finishing up mom's UFO's.
My goals for April include:
Quilting and Binding Quilty Table runner
QAYG table runner sample
Hot Mat samples
Bind Boots quilt

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

You're getting an amazing amount done with a new baby in the house! I am impressed! Hope you're enjoying working on your mom's UFOs and look forward to seeing more of them.