Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Mini Shop Hop

This year the Western SD shop hop was the first three weeks/weekends in April. We were busy the first two weekends, so Paul said he'd go with me last weekend. So we had breakfast with a friend early in the morning and then headed to Belle Fourche to the Tri State Bakery. It's in an old bakery building and she has a lot of contemporary fabrics. My best find was this panel that makes into a fabric book. I bought one a couple years ago for my niece and made it for her. After I found out I was having a girl I was so sad I had given it to her. But alas I found this one and now can have one for my little girl, who is much more likely to be a little seamstress.
Quilt 049
Quilt 052
I also found two pieces of Blush by Basic Grey. I've wanted some to go with the jelly roll I won last year and this was the only shop I'd ever seen it at in the area. I got a couple yards of each, figuring I can make something work out of them.
Quilt 054
In Sturgis, I found several prints from the Wanna Be a Cowboy 2 line. I picked up 1/2 yard cuts of each, since I think we're getting it in. I plan to make something for Mikaela out of them.
Quilt 057
In Spearfish I found this kit to make a ribbon blankie. The sample was really cute and I wanted the pattern for some minkee squares I have.
Quilt 058
I hit the jackpot in Spearfish, finding this pattern for little cowboy boots. I'm so excited to make these for Mikaela. I'm making myself finish the sample I'm working on before I do any fun sewing, so these will be made soon hopefully!
Quilt 059
I also found these Thimble It's for hand sewing. My finger has been sore, so I think these will really help!
Quilt 060
It was a fun day with my family, but I sure missed my shop hop partner in crime. It just wasn't the same.

2 comments:

Jacque said...

Great finds, indeed! I'm curious to see what this ribbon blanket is all about. I can't even begin to picture it. And the thimble? I love the idea! I'm going to have to find my own...and a purple sitty thing, too, thanks to Jen, courtesy of you. I'm starting to think you're trouble, Moneik! ;)

Jen said...

I'm also curious about the ribbon quilt. Is it pretty ribbon all sewed together or is it one of the things where the ribbons hang off for Mikaela to tug/chew on/be amused with??

We've got blush at the shop if you need something more.

Have you ever had one of the goat leather thimbles? My all time favorite.