Saturday, April 16, 2011

Friday Night Sewing

Tonight I got a few hours of uninterrupted sewing time! All week has been crazy and both Paul and I have been sick, so not much was getting done. Last night I cut and sewed all the strips for this table runner. It's done Quilt as You go style and I got the strip sets made last night. Tonight I did the quilting and put the binding on it. Hopefully I'll get the hand work done tomorrow as Paul's driving. We're heading up to Belle/Spearfish to go to the quilt shops.
Quilt 039
After I got the table runner done, I made up these super cute booties for Mikaela. Mom had them cut out and I just had to iron and sew them. They turned out so cute! There will definately be more in her future. I've gotta look for some cute fabrics to make them out of now. And to think I almost tossed this UFO because I wasn't sure what it was!
Quilt 045
Quilt 046
Just too stinkin cute! Sewing the last two nights has really revitalized me! I took my quilting machine in to have it serviced today. Hopefully it'll be back in a week and I'll be able to quilt up a few tops I've got prepped. In the mean time, I've taken apart my mom's BQII quilt top and I'm going to sew it back together and get the borders on it. I also have another store sample top to complete and hope to get it started this weekend. Now that I've finished both table runner samples, I'm going to reward myself and buy fabric for borders for the Cowboys Minkee quilt for me!

1 comment:

Jacque said...

I love, love, love the booties! I wonder if I could adapt the pattern for my size 8 feet? ;) Nice job. - Jacque