Wednesday, March 02, 2011

Quilty Day!

Today was a rather quilty day, such a great way to start March! I took down all the Valentine tablerunners, coasters, and wall hangings. I had one above Mikaela's bed, so I replaced it with the signature quilt Jenn made for her. I love looking at all the siggy's and remember everyone who came to the shower. Thanks Jenn for the awesome quilt and scraps! I absolutely love it. Mikaela loves to look at it too!
IMG_0133
Mikaela stayed in my studio with me while I cleaned and re-organized the closet. It's one of those things that has to be done every once in a while and today it just happened. It looks amazing and I'm so pleased with how it turned out. I bought a project book and recorded all my UFO's as I found them. I don't really want to count the number but there are a lot! Luckily I only wrote down the ones that are cut out. I did find some fabric that I had forgotten I had, so it was like going to the quilt shop all over again. After 6 hours I was done and Mikaela was asleep, so I loaded the snowflake table topper on the frame and got it quilted. I'm really pleased with how it turned out and I have enough fabric to make another one.
IMG_0146
I tried to take a close up of the stitching.
IMG_0147
Finally realizing I had to find the close up setting. This still isn't the closest, but it gives you a good idea. I'll just have to play with taking more pictures of my quilts. I just love how clear the pictures turned out. I was ready to cut out the binding, but Mikaela didn't think that was a good idea, so hopefully tomorrow I can get that done. I'd like to have it on so I can do the hand work at Groovy Girls this week.
IMG_0154

No comments: