Sunday, March 20, 2011

Mikaela is 2 months old!

Mikaela turned 2 months old on Saturday. We took lots of pictures, on several backgrouds. I'm really trying to learn how to take better pictures.
This one is taken on the baby quilt my mom made for Mikaela. It's from a flannel line that was out a couple years ago and my friend Nich's son Mason has the quilt in the baby boy colors. I love the fabrics in this one and actually have a ton of 1/2 square triangles I'm making from the leftovers of this quilt. I should have enough to make a small baby quilt. I'm trying to decide what to do with them, no pattern, just winging it.
Mikaela 180
This is a camo knit I hope to make a little outfit out of for Mikaela for hunting season. I have 8 months, I should be able to get it done in that amount of time!
Mikaela 193

Mikaela 195
The back of the jungle animals quilt. Look at that long torso!
Mikaela 228
A baby receiving blanket in honor of her grandma, it has breast cancer hope fabric on the other side.
Mikaela 239
My attempt at cool photography! I really want to get a better one of these, but this is the best I could do with her cooperating. I'd wanted to do it as a newborn, but we were a little busy and overwhelmed at the time, so I figured I could still do it now.
Mikaela 257
She doesn't snuggle up so well anymore, but we tried! Thank goodness mom had a huge piece of black flannel I could use for backdrop.
Mikaela 272
The last shots of the day, she was tired of mom taking pictures. This is the first baby gift she got, about a week after I knew I was pregnant, my co-worker Karen and her son Brandon got it for me. He goes to State. She had to support the Jacks, even though they lost in the first round of the playoffs.
Mikaela 290

Mikaela had her 2 month check up this week. She's now 11lbs 12oz, 23 1/4" long, and 37 head, so she's in the 75th percentile for all 3. She got her shots and even did well with those! I'm so proud of my little girl, she's growing up so fast!

1 comment:

Jenn Boerger said...

Oh, so sweet. She's really growing!