Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Mini Diaper Bag

Tonight I pulled out the scraps of fat quarters left from a large diaper bag mom made for Mikaela. They are Amy Bradley prints if I remember right and I just loved them when she got them. She made a schlep bag out of them and I carry it on the weekends when we're out and about. With the scraps I was able to cut out a smaller one, with 4.5" squares. I only had to piece the handles and the inside setting triangles are all different, but I think it looks cool. I finished it and realized I put the handles in the wrong place, so I'll take it out and fix it. I'm just so excited to have finished it in one night, start to finish with no pattern. I've made the schlep pattern so often I just go with it. I absolutely love how it turned out!

Quilt 030
Tonight after Mikaela's bath I got her dressed for bed and put her in the rubber ducky sleep sack that my co-worker Kim gave her. I think it's so super cute and I've been wanting to take a picture of her in it for Kim. My friend Issac's daughter Lily has the same one. Tonight she was in the mood and I got a few good pictures. She's laying on the blanket her little friend Olivia gave her. Olivia is Jenn's daughter and she was so proud of it. Tomorrow is her 4th birthday. I can't believe she's so big already, she wasn't 2 yet when I met her. Paul's birthday is tomorrow too, so we have a babysitter who's been hinting that she'd watch Mikaela if we wanted to leave her, so we're taking her up on the offer.
Mikaela 371
She's been smiling like crazy, only not when mommy is taking pictures!
Mikaela 372
She was off to bed early tonight, asleep a little after 10, so I think I'm going to make it an early night. Any time before midnight is early!

3 comments:

Judy said...

She is ADORABLE!! so is the Diaper Bag! Growing so fast...

Barb said...

She is adorable....love the bag!

Jenn Boerger said...

She's getting so big! Beautiful!