Wednesday, August 15, 2012

WIP Wednesday Week 33 8.15.12


This past week went by so quickly and I could have used a few more hours in the days, but I got done what had to be done. Thursday night I loaded my dad's quilt on the frame. I got to about the last foot and the tension was a bit off. I pulled it out, but it was after 10:30 and I was just too tired to go on. Friday I left at noon and Mikaela and I went to Sioux Falls to meet up with my college roommate Nichole. We spent the weekend with her and her family. On Sat. morning bright and early we went to the Quilts and Vines Outdoor quilt show. It was another awesome show and I took lots of pictures, but haven't uploaded them. This is a picture of the big barn where it is held. We also did some shopping and I found dresses for both Mikaela and I for the wedding.
IMG_0193
Sunday Mikaela and I went to Mitchell where we met up with a family gathering of my mom's aunts and cousins. We had lunch and then headed home. Unfortunately I had a paper due that night, so had to work on it instead of quilt. My dad and Ann came for a visit and I had to quick throw a quilt over the frame so they wouldn't see the quilt on it. My dad was sure nosy though, asking way more questions about that quilt and what I was working on, then ever before!  I got the paper done and got a 100%, not bad for 2 hours work!
Monday night I finished ripping out the quilting during my live session class and did some hand work. Sure makes the time go faster. After class I finished the quilting and squared up the quilt.
IMG_0221
Here's a close up of the quilting. The colors are more true in the picture above.
IMG_0224
I had planned to have the binding done to take along with me to work on this weekend, but when I ran out of time, I instead decided I didn't have the right color thread. The middle one is my go to favorite purple Aurifil thread, the one on the right I also had, but neither of these matched. So when I was at Always Your Design in Dell Rapids (one of my favorite shops to stop at, since my mom taught the owner Deb in high school) and picked up the Aurifil thread on the left. It matches perfectly! I'm so excited to have it now. Last night I put the binding on and this morning before work I started sewing the binding down by hand. I hope to work on it tonight and be able to enter it in the quilt show at the fair tomorrow. We'll see if that happens! I also have my friendship quilt I'm working on binding on to put in the fair.
Untitled
Mikaela had a good time and was a real trooper at the quilt show. She loved playing on this bridge and in the dirt, although she wasn't a real fan of the chickens.
IMG_0109
This is one of my favorites from the weekend. She's so curious and checking everything out.
IMG_0131

Finished this week:

Crown Royal Quilt top #3 Quilted

Ongoing projects:  (and progress this week on them)
Ditto quilt top sample - Cut out and ready to sew together
Swoon - 2 Blocks done
Cre8tive Swap w/ Jen - All the HST's are prepped and I just need to spend some time sewing.
Sign Language Diaper Clutch

Quilts Needing Hand sewing on Binding
Pink/Brown Friendship Quilts -Handwork on binding
Buggy Barn Pink/Brown Extra Blocks -Binding
Friendship Block Swap - Hand sew binding
Crown Royal Quilt 3 - Hand sewing is left!

Barn Yard Friends Quilt -quilted and binding on!

Completed tops awaiting quilting:
Blush Quilt 
Pink/Green Jungle Animal Baby Quilt
Confetti Top
Twisted Heart
Merry Go Round
New Projects:

No progress:
Mocha Meringue Wonder Blocks- Together, needs 3 borders
Ed's Crown Royal Quilt - Started sashing
Dilly Dally Baby Girl Quilt

This week's stats:
Completed projects -0
New projects -0
Currently in progress -
Finished this year - 43 , 11 Samples

I'm linking up for WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced!

wipwednesdaybutton

4 comments:

Sara said...

Your little "Jackrabbit" is so cute!! I'm anxious to see some pictures from Quilts and Vines. This is the first one I missed.

BitnByAQuiltingBug said...

You rock! Love ya!

BitnByAQuiltingBug said...

You rock! Love ya!

*karendianne. said...

Hi. Aurifil shared your blog post on Facebook so I found you there. What a spectacular quilt! Congratulations. Impressive. *karendianne.