Friday, January 27, 2012

Friday Finishes!

This week was really productive for me. I finished the hand sewn binding on this quilt at lunch and we had the baby shower last night for our co-worker Kristen and her daughter Emmaline.
Quilt 2012-01-26 001
This is really busy, but I just love these fabrics. It makes up so quickly. I had it cut out and pieced in less then 3 hours.
Quilt 2012-01-26 005
Isn't this the cutest baby cake. I just love the little bloomers and feet!
Baby Shower 2012-01-26 005
At the shower, showing the new mom the quilt. She love it, since she has nothing pink. She has a little boy.
Baby Shower 2012-01-26 009

Monday I stayed home with a sick little Mikaela, so while she slept I worked on this little wall hanging growth chart for her. I've had it for a while, but just hadn't done anything with it. I love how it turned out.
Quilt 2012-01-26 008
Last night after putting Mikaela to bed, I set to work to make a couple of these cute blocks. I just love how they turned out and I think I would like them more if they were even scrappier. Ohhh that's a big thing for me to say. I just don't do scrappy, but I do love this block. I had enough to make 2 like this. What should I do with them. I think they are to small for wall hangings, but does 2 look wrong for a tablerunner? They are 16" squares.
Quilt 2012-01-26 013
After finishing those I set to work to put together another friendship square. I made the one on the right last night and had the other one done. I'm kind of torn which I like better. I have enough fabric/HST's pulled to make one more. Then I'm to the end of my Pink/Brown Buggy Barn fabric. I just love trying these modern blocks and have been really inspired by the HST's. I cut out a Valentine HST table topper last night and hope to work on it this weekend.
Quilt 2012-01-26 016
I have another paper due for my graduate class this week, so if I get it mostly written, the main part for sure, I'm going to my friend Jenn's to sew on Sunday. Sewing with friends is really better motivation then a midnight deadline, so you know what I'll be doing Sat. night! Hope everyone had a good week. I'd love to know what you think of the HST blocks.

1 comment:

lappeguri said...

Your blog is beautiful and i love to see what you are sewing:-)