Wednesday, January 04, 2012

WIP Wednesday Week 1

The first week of the year has been busy!! I've had a lot to get done and a lot going on, so I've tried to stay on task. Monday I hit the Fabric City/Sewing Center Clearance Sale hard... I bought 14 yards of fabric! Since I get a discount normally, I don't usually need sales, but these were a lot more than my discount, so I finished 6 bolts off! I got a few snowflake batiks to go with what I have, a couple pink/maroon batiks, pink/green minkee, and a piece of Dilly Dally for backing. It sure felt good to buy fabric because it was cheap. I also bought a sign that says Quilt for my studio. It's not something I needed but on sale I thought it fitting to decorate the studio. I've cleaned and re-organized and hopefully made some improvement in my work space, so I'm looking forward to showing it off soon.
This Friday is Groovy Girls, so I have two samples to get done. I just had to piece the tops and they were relatively simple, but they do take time. I did the Texas Two Step earlier in the week and haven't uploaded a picture, but it's a finish for this week. My first of the year!
Then I worked on the blocks for a Yellow Brick Road. I got the blocks all done and after picking 8 of them apart because I matched them incorrectly, I now have all the blocks laid out and ready to sew tonight.  It's kind of an owl print with fabrics to match. I'll get a non-cell phone picture for next week, but it's all I had with today.
Owl YBR
I'm also working on some Wrenly ribbon blankets. I have a baby shower to go to this weekend, so I needed to get at least one done and I know mommy loves Wrenly, so I cut out the ribbons and hope to finish it up tonight.
Wrenly Blocks
I also pieced a Happy Hour quilt with the Farmyard Friends by Studio for a class sample. Preview party is Sat. morning, so all my samples needed to be done by then. I'm teaching 4 classes in the next quarter.
My graduate class starts this week as well. Good thing the paper isn't due until week 2 as we'll be celebrating Christmas with my family this weekend. Hubby got 2 of his 3 antler less deer this past weekend, so he'll be hunting this weekend as well. Good thing I have great aunt and grandma to babysit Mikaela. She'll be getting spoiled! It's also my work Christmas party, so I'm looking forward to a great meal and lots of fun with my co-workers at the shop.

Finished this week:
Texas Two Step Top - Groovy Girls Sample

Ongoing projects:  (and progress this week on them)
Winding Ways Schlep Bag - On Hold
Buggy Barn Pink/Brown Wall Hanging - 2 - Working on Binding - 1/2 of 1 left and 4 hanging sleeves... I think I can I think I can....
Jim Shore Quilt - Quilted and binding machine sewn on -  1 1/2 sides done - No Progress
Farm Friends Baby Quilt - Top Done - Ready to Quilt!

Completed tops awaiting quilting:
Blush Quilt

No progress:
Pokey Little Puppy Book
Prayers Book
3 Mug Rugs
Buggy Barn Pink/Brown Extra Blocks
Ed's Crown Royal Quilt - 2/3 of the way done on the last set of blocks
Mocha Meringue Wonder Blocks

This week's stats:
Completed projects -1
New projects - 0
Currently in progress - 13
Finished this year - 0 , 1 Sample


I'm linking up for WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced!
wipwednesdaybutton


No comments: