This fall I've been busy working on a commissioned quilt for a cousin's wife. It's t-shirts from all her travels and time in school. She gave me a brown/tan/black pillow as inspiration. I just loved the fabric from the Java line and used the remainder of the bolt. The quilt is King size, so it was big and heavy.
I planned it for the most part on EQ6, but it's not real user friendly with using different sized blocks randomly, so I just did measurements overall to get to the size I wanted and then did a lot of hand calculating. With the size of the t-shirts and the 52 I had to work with, I had to use no sashing between the blocks, just rows, which actually worked out pretty good.
I was pleased with how it turned out.
I made this custom label for it as well. I used a red backing as there are red dots in the sashing and I didn't want to piece the backing, so I used an extra wide back.
The biggest problem I had was skipped stitches and bad tension for a row before I figured out all my problems. I used a Hobbs 80/20 batting which really helped when I was rolling it as it wasn't so big under the harp of the machine. I'll definitely do that again.