Tuesday, December 06, 2011

WIP Wednesday 12.7.11

This week went by super quick! Friday night was our Groovy Girls night. I didn't get as much accomplished as I had hoped, because I was picking out backings for several quilting projects. I picked out a backing for this t-shirt quilt and when I finally got a chance to sew, I added the sashing to the rows. I made the borders and they are ready to put on. It's king size, so really huge compared to most of the ones I have made.
Quilt 2011-12-02 002
I also picked up two quilts from Heather to quilt for Christmas presents for her kids. I felt like quilting Sat. night, so I put the first one on the frame and quilted it. I was just going to do half, but realized it was still early and Mikaela was asleep, so I finished it.  This is Heather's first quilt and it's for her daughter.
Quilt 2011-12-05 008
Mikaela was sick Sun. and Mon. nights, so I stayed home from work Mon. & Tues. I loaded the second one on Monday while she was sleeping and quilted part of it Mon. night after class. Tues. I finished up the quilting on it. I'm happy with how the quilting turned out on both, but the blue one seemed to be more of a challenge. The blue fabric just didn't play well. Heather's mom made this one for Heather's son for Christmas.
Quilt 2011-12-06 006
I just love the poem her mom put on each of them.
Quilt 2011-12-06 007
Tonight I loaded up a couple wall hangings for Christmas gifts and started quilting, but my thread combo is not working, so I need to make a change. I just can't get the tension right for brown bobbin and cream top thread on a cream top. It was too late to decide what to do, so I ripped it out. I'll do it later this week. I plan to get borders on Linda's t-shirt quilt and get it quilted this weekend. I've gotta put in a good day of studying/writing papers on Sun. but not much else is planned. The end of the term is in 2 weeks!
Started New this Week:
NOTHING! well at least for me. I did start and finish quilting both of Heather's quilts.
I did pick up 2 samples that need to be made in the new year.
Finished this week:
Quilted 2 Quilts for Heather
Quilted 3 Poinsetta Tablerunners

Ongoing projects:  (and progress this week on them)
Pink/Brown Schlep Bag - Started cutting out
Buggy Barn Pink/Brown Wall Hanging - 2 - Finished 4 of the 4 Blocks - Embroidery done, need to get backing and quilt - On frame and ready to quilt
Jim Shore Quilt - Quilted and binding machine sewn on -  1 1/2 sides done
Linda's T-shirt Quilt - all the rows are sewn and the sashing is done. Borders are cut and ready to be put on, backing and batting are bought. Quilting it this weekend!
Farm Friends Baby Quilt - Cut out

Completed tops awaiting quilting:
Blush Quilt
5 Poinsetta Tablerunners
No progress:
Pokey Little Puppy Book
3 Mug Rugs
Buggy Barn Pink/Brown Extra Blocks - No progress
Ed's Crown Royal Quilt - 2/3 of the way done on the last set of blocks - No progress
Mocha Meringue Wonder Blocks - still sitting
This week's stats:
Completed projects -2
New projects -0
Currently in progress - 13
Finished this year - 124 projects + 12 Receiving Blankets & 20 Burp Clothes


I'm linking up for WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced!
wipwednesdaybutton



No comments: