It's been a few weeks since I posted on WIP Wednesday, which means I haven't been sewing much and my computer is down. We've been crazy busy the last few weeks with a family reunion, funeral, and side jobs for Paul. Friday the 13th I had my big stash sale at Emilee's. My friends Jenn, Gaila, Heather, Kaylynn, & Tracy were there to take a few supplies and fabric off my hands. There's still a lot left, so if anyone is close and interested, let me know and I'll let you take a peak. I know there is lots of fabric and scraps left! I am so thankful to my friends for helping me get rid of so much of my sewing stuff.
On Friday we had our big 20 week ultrasound and found out we're having a boy. We're so excited! I really was hoping for a boy, so I got busy and made a baby quilt. I bought the tools fabric about 4-5 years ago when my aunt and I went on a shop hop to Nuts & Bolts quilt shop in Edgemont. I bought all I needed to make this baby quilt and kept it for when we had a boy since my hubby is a carpenter and I just thought it fit him. I can tell it is that old since it was pre-washed! I haven't pre-washed fabric since before I got married and started working at the quilt shop which was 4 years ago. Saturday afternoon while Mikaela was napping, I pulled out the fabric and made the top. It's super bright and cheerful.
Sunday we picked up some bamboo batting and I loaded it on the frame in the evening. I had spent the afternoon working on my paper/power point, so I had all my homework done and could quilt! I quilted it up and put the binding on it as well. Monday I traveled with my brothers to my dad's fiance's mom's funeral. Jim did all the driving so I spent the drive finishing up the handwork on the binding. It became the gender reveal quilt at work. It's much brighter like the top picture.
The baby count for quilts is up to 3 boys and 2 girls. I have all but the last girls quilt made and it's on the frame. I decided to do a panel, since it fits the theme of her new girls room perfectly. I also pulled out another quilt I want to do for the kids room. But first I have to work on the Crown Royal quilt. All the blocks are done and they just need to be laid out and sewn together. I'm hoping to get the top done this weekend so I have time to quilt and bind it before the September deadline of 9/21. I don't want to have to rush this one, as I still really love how it is turning out.
I finally found a Big Sis shirt for Mikaela, so she got to wear it on Saturday. She looked so cute with her pigtails and big grin. We were playing with a ball in Menards while we waited for Paul.
We helped daddy put a roof on a shed Sat. night, so she was playing on the steel roof. She just looked so cute with her pigtails that I had to take a picture.
Finished this week:
Baby Boy Stephens Tools Quilt
Ongoing projects: (and progress this week on them)
Crown Royal Quilt 3 - Must be done by 9/21!!!
Barn Yard Friends Quilt - loaded on the frame
Swoon - 2 Blocks done
Dilly Dally Baby Girl Quilt
Pink/Brown Friendship Quilts -Handwork on binding
Buggy Barn Pink/Brown Extra Blocks -Binding
Cre8tive Swap w/ Jen - All the HST's are prepped and I just need to spend some time sewing.
Friendship Block Swap - Hand sew binding
Completed tops awaiting quilting:
Pink/Green Jungle Animal Baby Quilt
Merry Go Round
Barn Yard baby quilt
Mocha Meringue Wonder Blocks- Together, needs 3 borders
Ed's Crown Royal Quilt - Started sashing
This week's stats:
Completed projects -1
New projects -1
Currently in progress -5
Finished this year - 41 , 11 Samples
I'm linking up for WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced!