Monday, November 01, 2010

October Quilting Accomplishments

October was a very productive month for me! I got a lot accomplished and worked on several projects that weren't on my list, but that I wanted to get done. I've found that sometimes I'm just not in the mood to work on a project, but if I do something else, I can get more accomplished in the long run. Paul's been working out of town all month, so I get a lot done in the evenings, but not much on weekends.
My Goals for October included:
Quilting Aunt Vi's Quilt - I was able to get it completely quilted and the binding on. I'm not sure I like the stippling on it, so I'll do a different type of quilting on the next two.
IMG_0003 (2)
Happy Holidays Tree-Skirt - It's done, but turned into a tabletopper instead. It fits perfectly on our kitchen table and we're hosting Christmas this year, so I decided no to make it into a tree skirt.
IMG_0043
Essence tablerunner - This is the Baby Blocks tablerunner from the On the Run book by Heather Mulder Peterson. I've finished several tablerunners out of this one and still have some honeybun strips I could make a tablerunner out of.
IMG_0008
The other Essence tablerunner is called Ripple Effect and turned out really neat. I love how easy it was to make everything match!
IMG_0014
Other Accomplishments included:
I ended up making three bags for Paul to use as bathroom bags. He has this one at home.
IMG_0016
The other two bags are from the green and he uses the bigger one for his stuff when he travels. The smaller one went to my dad to go with his new bag.
IMG_0020
I bought enough to make 4 trick or treat bags, but ended up with enough to make 10! The first five turned out so cute.
IMG_0022
I also made this minkee/flannel baby blanket for our little girl. It is so super soft and I can't wait to use it.
IMG_0006
Jenn came out and spent an evening quilting with me. I worked on sewing the hexagons together for a new one block wonder quilt. I'm really looking forward to seeing how this one turns out.
IMG_0010
My co-worker Jacey is having a baby about the same time I am and there was a baby shower for her last week. I quickly quilted up this panel and bound it. She loved it as she's doing a zoo themed baby room.
IMG_0015
Since I made dad a bag for my parents anniversary, I told mom I would make her a purse. I finally got it done. It's Margo from Lazy Girl Designs.
IMG_0017
I made her a wonder wallet and checkbook cover to match as well.
IMG_0022
TSC is starting a new program called Groovy Girls and I'm working on samples for it, so I got the first months Cash and Carry Wallet done. It went together super quick and easy. These are going to be so much fun! Groovy Girls is November 5th at 6 at the Sewing Center, so bring a machine and work on this project or just see what fun projects everyone else is working on. This is a great club for beginning sewers/quilters.
IMG_0024
Mom and I also got together and finished two more tops for Aunt Vi. This one is a 9 patch queen and the other is a 4-patch/12" square throw. I'll be working on getting them quilted in Nov.
IMG_0028
I finished up the last 5 trick or treat bags and gave them to co-workers and friends for Halloween on Friday. They turned out so cute!
IMG_0036
The UFO Sew Down 2010 is in full force. I haven't received any updates from others, but I'm not doing so well on the UFO part. I've done about 3 UFO's and 19 new projects! At least I'm sewing and that's all that I'm really concerned about. I have started on a few UFO's, including the Sewing quilt and the OBW, so I'm working on the, just not finishing.
UFO Sew Down 2010

My November Goals will be lofty, but I am having a sewing retreat weekend with friends, so hopefully I'll be able to get a lot done.
Deer Wall Hanging for Paul's Boss
Quilt 2 DK quilts for Vi
2 Pink Ribbon Bags
4 sewing totes for retreat girls
2 samples for Groovy Girls

I'm sure I'll get a lot of tops done at retreat, but I know I won't get them all quilted. I'm taking these quilt tops to retreat to work on:
Sewing Themed Quilt
Essence Tumbler Quilt
Mocha Merigue Wonder Blocks
Sign Language Baby Quilt 2
Snowball Quilt Along
Cowgirls OBW
Frolic Baby Quilt

1 comment:

Colleen said...

As always, I'm amazed at what you can accomplish in a month. Can't wait to see what you do this month.