Friday, November 19, 2010

Block Roll-ups

Last night was another super productive night! I got all the foods prepped to make Omelets in a bag for Sunday's breakfast,  packed my suitcase, and finally packed the final projects for the weekend. Then I made two block roll-ups, one for me and one for a friend. I love how they turned out, even though they could have been a bit longer, but I think they'll work great. They made up pretty quickly and the only worry I had was whether I'd run out of hot glue.
IMG_0099
Here's one rolled out and one rolled up. The fabric is one of my favorites. It matches the fabric line I used for the bags and other stuff I showed yesterday.
IMG_0100
I also put the hanging sleeve and binding on the wall hanging for Paul's boss's Christmas present. I've started working on the hand stitching and should be done this weekend sometime. It turned out awesome! I'll show pictures when it's done. The party is 2 weeks from tonight and I'm not waiting till the last minute to finish it! I also made another block of the irish chain type block. I made this one too big, but in a different way and I like it a lot better! I looked up the measurements and I think I have it figured out now. I'm taking it along on the retreat this weekend and hope to get some input from mom and friends about how they think it should go together.
I'm off work early today to pick up mom and we'll be heading to our friends for the sewing retreat weekend. I do have to work on Sat., but it's my last day at the shop until after baby comes, so I don't want to miss it. It's Sewing Club day. I'm really looking forward to getting some of these projects done. When I say done, they are all tops that I would like to complete. I'm taking 8 -10 projects and have a goal of finishing at least 3 -4 tops. We'll see what I get done, when I'm sewing the night away. Have a great weekend. Hopefully I'll have lots to show next week.

No comments: