Last night I worked on finishing up the Deer Wall Hanging for my husband's boss for Christmas. I had the binding and hanging sleeve done, but needed to trim all the threads and fray check any places I thought needed it. It actually turned out better than I expected. I used a tan King Tut thread in the tan part and brown King Tut on the deer and borders. I used a brown Bottomline as the back is the same as the borders.
This is probably the closest to the real colors of the wall hanging, though I had a lot of light on it last night when I was trying to take pictures. Paul made a dowel hanger to put through the hanging sleeve, but it is still drying. He used a dark cherry stain and I think it's going to be gorgeous with this one. Usually he uses a golden oak or something along those lines.
I did small stippling on the tan and the deer. It was very intricate and I had to slow the machine down a lot ot be able to get my motions and stitch length correct.
From a ways away you can't even tell that it's quilted. I just love the pictures within a picture that Chris Bumps patterns create. I also love using batiks for them, but it's very hard to find the solid color batiks in the right colors. I had been to four different shops in town and not found what I wanted before Paul and I drove out to Mistletoe Ranch to find the right ones and even there we were limited to about 2 selections in the colors we wanted. Paul picked them out, so I'm glad he was a part of it. His Christmas party is Fri. night, so I'll get it wrapped up and ready to gift yet this week.
Here's a close up of quilting I did on the background and trees and deer. It's not nearly this yellow in person, but I suppose that's how the macro on my camera portrays it.
I was also able to work on binding another quilt, but I can't sit at my machine as long as I used to, so I finally gave up and went and relaxed in front of the TV with some hand work. This could be a long month if I can't sew for more than an hour at a time!