Monday, November 29, 2010

Baby Shower

Last weekend my good friend Jenn hosted a baby shower for me and our little Miss. Family and friends joined me for the afternoon at Jenn's. It was such a nice shower and we received a lot of nice gifts. I haven't gotten them all put away, so I pulled a few off the top of the pile and took pictures last night.
My friend Karen and her son Brandon gave us an SDSU Sweatshirt jacket and hat. Brandon is going to SDSU and Karen said he's always looking to buy stuff for our baby. I went to State, so I was really excited! Go Jacks!
IMG_0052
My quilty friend Cindy, who I've worked with at the last two quilt shops gave us this flannel raggy quilt. I absolutely love it and it's so warm and fuzzy. I haven't made many raggy quilts, so I love having one made for us.
IMG_0053
My friend Lindsey gave us this cute Cowgirl Tuff outfit. It's so super cute and perfect for our little cowgirl.
IMG_0054
Mom made this swaddling wrap. She's so clever when it comes to figuring things out and whipping them up on the serger.
IMG_0055
Our flowergirl Emily has grown up and I hadn't seen her in a while, so it was great to see her and her mom at the shower. Emily picked out this stuffed bunny that is so soft and cuddly.
IMG_0056
Jenn's mom Tracy made us a cute scrapbooked picture album. It's super cute and so much work went into it. She made one for each grandma as well. I'm not a scrapbooker, but I appreciate all the work that goes into them, so I'm excited to take pictures and put in it.
IMG_0060
This is one of the monthly pages.
IMG_0061
The most special gift was made by my Aunt Jane. She crocheted this baptismal gown and bonnet for our little girl. It's so delicate and absolutely beautiful. I can't wait for our little girl to wear it. She also gave us a receiving blanket my grandma had made and a bonnet that both mom and her had worn. She always comes up with the most special gifts.
IMG_0057
The shower was absolutely amazing and Jenn did an awesome job with games and treats. It was all purple and brown themed. She made us a signature baby quilt as well, but I'll have to show it when it's finished. It was so nice to have so many of my friends and family come. My co-workers are having a shower after the baby comes and there's one planned for my hometown afterwards as well. My online friends are throwing one this Sunday for me and I'm so looking forward to it as well.   This little miss will be here before I know it!

No comments: