Thursday, October 21, 2010

It's a Baby Quilter!

It's been almost 2 months since we had our ultrasound and Baby Stephens is growing a little ahead of schedule. Paul decided we would find out and I've kept all my friends and family in suspense as to what we were having. I even bought this fabric and took a picture in black and white so no one would know if it was  a boy or a girl.
IMG_0624
It's a baby girl quilter!  I took this awesome flannel and turned it into a nice warm blanket for our new little girl. Being a winter baby, I know I'll need to keep the baby warm and snuggly.
IMG_0005
I used a pink with white dots minkee type fabric on the back. It's super cuddly
IMG_0006
I just love the fabrics together and the feather stitch I used to put it together. It turned out super cute!
My SIL and I were discussing things to register for and she said well you'll need blankets, but I'm guessing you won't need to register for those. We both laughed! This is just the first of many baby blankets I'll probably make. Yet it's the only one I've made since we found out.
IMG_0007

As for a name, we're still in the debating stage and we won't share that until the babies arrival. We're looking forward to a very Happy New Year with our little bundle of joy.

7 comments:

Three Birds Inspired said...

I am just so smart! Can't wait to see her!!

BitnByAQuiltingBug said...

Yippeee!!!!! I wasn't smart in my guess, but I'm tickled pink! Hope you're feeling well! Oh! A girl! Wooohooooooo!!!!!

Cindy said...

Oh I just knew it was going to be a girl. What an exciting time at your house.

Nichole said...

How exciting!! So happy for both of you.

Janet said...

How fun! Can't wait to see pictures. ;)

cowgirl commentaries said...

YEA!!!!! That is so exciting!!!! Baby girls are just lovely!

Linda Lee said...

Exciting for everyone! A baby quilter will be so much fun to quilt for and to look forward to quilting with. Take Care!!!