Monday, October 04, 2010

September Quilting Accomplishments

September was a very productive month for me with 80 hours of quilting time. I haven't spent that much time quilting since April. My September goals were all accomplished, plus a few other projects added in along the way. I'm hoping to get one UFO accomplished every month for the rest of the year. This month I got 3 done!
My Goals for September included:
Happy Holidays Halloween Table Topper - 4 DONE! I bought double the yardage on the pattern and had enough to make 4 instead of 2. I did have to buy one additional fat quarter of black, but I found that to be acceptable to get two more table toppers out of the yardage I already had.
IMG_0546
Brown and Teal Quilt - UFO - DONE! I worked on this top at quilt retreat and got it finished, then quilted it at home. I was able to get the binding all sewn down by hand last week and put the new quilt on our bed this weekend.
IMG_0644
Pheasant Bag for Dad - DONE! This is an overnight bag for my dad. Hopefully with the pheasant fabric he'll use it.
IMG_0629
Ruffle Bag for Sample - DONE! A sample I made for Fabric City.
IMG_0609

Zoo Animals Baby Quilt - UFO - This was another UFO quilt. I finished the top at quilt retreat and got it quitlted and bidning on it last week. It will be a gift for a baby born while I'm on maturnity leave and don't have time to quilt.
IMG_0638
Grommet and Wallet - Wallet from the Wallet and Grommet sample I made last month.
IMG_0656
Aunt Vi's Quilt  - Mom and I made tons of progress on Aunt Vi's quilts. I finished the top of a 4 patch/12" square quilt. Mom is working on 9 patches that measure 18" and should be another queen size quilt. Then we'll decide if we have enough to make a throw size quilt. I have the backing and batting to quilt the first queen, so hope to get it finished in Oct.
IMG_0617
Essence Tablerunner - I finished the top at retreat and would like to get it quilted this month to use during the Fall.
IMG_0572
Quilt Retreat - Attended the Badlands Quilters Guild retreat! It was so much fun and I accomplished a lot. I hope to join them again.
IMG_0583
We found out the sex of our baby... yet we're still not revealing it! It's so fun keeping the secret.
IMG_0624

Won Giveaway by Barbara Cline for her new book. I'm not sure what I'll do with them, but I'm kind of thinking of Sylvia's Bridal Sampler with them, since there is such a variety of color and lots of them!
IMG_0606

Made an Oilcloth Bag - UFO! Finished this bag in 1 hour, yet have had it sitting ready to be made for over a year!

Attended Lindsey and Mesa's baby shower. Such a fun shower and a well received quilt. I'm sure they'll get tons of use out of it this winter.
IMG_0612

September was so productive. I'm looking forward to October, but know that it may be my last month at the frame, so I'm preparing for it. Paul's working out of town, so I'm accomplishing a lot more during the evenings and not so much on the weekends, but that's okay.
My October Goals include:
Quilt and Bind Aunt Vi's Quilt
Happy Holiday's Tree Skirt
1 UFO
Essence Tablerunner

No comments: