Sunday, September 26, 2010

Triple Finish Weekend!

If I thought Thursday night was productive, it was just the precurser to the weekend. Paul and I went out to the new Pizza Ranch for supper Friday night and I ate way too much and felt awful the rest of the night. I definately learned my lesson! Saturday we did our errands and mid afternoon I finally was able to load the teal and brown quilt. I can't remember the last time I've loaded a queen size quilt. I had the backing all ready and a wool batting that I had saved for it, so it didn't take me long to get it all loaded. I used teal/brown King Tut on top and brown Bottomline in the bobbin. This picture is the quilt hanging off the frame.
IMG_0644
I did a mid sized meader on it. I did speed up the machine a bit, so it went fairly fast, but still took me probably about 5 hours to get it quilted. I went through 5 bobbins and 1 spool of thread!
IMG_0646
I love how the thread looks on the fabric. It's all batiks and I just love how it turned out. It fits our bed perfectly, so I know we're going to love it this winter.
IMG_0647
When I got done quilting it Saturday night, it was still early, so I cut and made the binding for both this quilt as well as the zoo animal quilt I quilted the other night. I put the binding on the zoo animal quilt, so all I have is the handwork left.
IMG_0638
Today I put the binding on the brown/teal quilt and decided to clear off my cutting table so I could work on some other projects. I knew I had enough candy corn  fabric left to make another table topper. Since Oct. is sneaking up quickly, I decided to finish this one today instead of putting away the fabric. I made the top, put it on the frame, and quilted it today. I used orange/yellow King Tut and golden Bottomline.
IMG_0651
I was able to quilt it in about 15 minutes start to finish. I also put the binding on it tonight. While I was cutting the binding, I realized if I was a bit creative I could get another topper out of the scraps, including the backing, so I cut it all out and have it ready to be made. I need a few gifts in the next couple weeks, so I figure I'll have them made up and ready to go when I need them.
IMG_0652

This week I'll have plenty of handwork to keep me busy. I have the Halloween Table Topper, the Zoo Baby quilt, and the Queen size Brown and Teal quilt that all have binding that needs to be sewn down by hand. I feel so great that I was able to accomplish all of these things this weekend. In addition, I cleaned house, did laundry, and cooked! Paul's out of town for work this week, so I hope to get a lot accomplished in the evenings, since I do not have school or classes this week!

4 comments:

BitnByAQuiltingBug said...

Whoaaaaa, Moneik! Slow down...you're making me look soooo lazy! I love that brown and teal quilt. I loved the top, but quilted it's even more beautiful! Maybe I'll have a productive day today! Good job on getting so much done!

Three Birds Inspired said...

Gorgeous brown and teal quilt!

Colleen said...

Love the color combo in the teal/brown quilt. It's gorgeous!

Barb said...

Wow! Spectacular projects. I did a wall hanging similar to your quilt. Same colors even!
I'm still loving your candy corn table mat. I probably won't get to that before this year but it's on my "to do" list for sure.