Last night was super productive for me! I can't believe how much I got accomplished. I cleaned house and straightened things up before going to my sewing room after supper. I worked on the pheasant bag and got it finished up. It really didn't take me much over an hour, it was just getting started that took a while. I'm please with how it turned out and I think the recipient will like it too. There are even pheasants on the handles. I have one piece of pheasant fabric leftover and I think I'm going to make a pillowcase to go with this bag.
The inside looks almost as cool as the outside. You can see the quilting better on the inside. I used a light blue Bottomline for the lining quilting and Golden King Tut on the outside and you can't see the quilting on the bag. I think that's okay, because it's not meant to show the quilting. The inside pockets are the same fabric as the handles. I used this same fabric 2 or 3 years ago to make my dad a rag quilt out of denim and he still uses it on the back of his chair.
Still feeling motivated after I finished the bag, I figured I had time to load a small quilt on the frame. This is my 99th quilt on the frame!! Since I want my Brown and Teal quilt to be the 100th, I decided to get this one done. I had completed the top at quilt retreat and it just needed quilting. I got it loaded and picked out a thread to match. It still wasn't 9, so I decided to quilt a path on it. One path lead to two and before I knew it, I was completely done! I am so excited to have this one done and ready for a new baby. I don't know who will receive it yet, but I have lots of friends having babies, so we'll see who gets it.
I quilted it with a yellow, red, green, blue verigated King Tut and red Bottomline. I meandered all over it.
I'll get the binding put on this weekend and have it to do the handwork next week when I'm waiting at appointments or lunch. I'm finally starting to knock out a few UFO's and get my list a little smaller!