Friday, September 17, 2010

Smarty Girl Book Bag

A couple weeks ago when I was at the store working on a Sat. Tammy and I pulled a few patterns that neede samples made. This book bag looks so small on the pattern, so we decided it needed to be made up. The pattern is Smarty Girl Book Bag by Heather Bailey. It turned out really cute and it's about 12"x14".
IMG_0607
I used the new Spa fabric that had just come in from Windham Fabrics. Those ruffles scared me to death, but in the end they were super easy and not at all what I expected. The pattern has the handle made first which usually doesn't happen, but I really liked it on this bag because other wise I wouldn't have finished it. I would have just put it to the side.
IMG_0608
The handle just had to be sewn on after the bag was made and sice it was already done, I sewed it on quick. It was very late last night when I finally finished, but I think it turned out great!
IMG_0609

No comments: