Tonight I was very productive on my quilt frame. I quilted up this gray fabric for a bathroom bag for my hubby. He said he'd use it if I made it and it wasn't too ugly. I think he'll like this fabric! I'll make the bag before he needs it next week, but getting the fabric quilted takes the most time.
I also had 2 fat quarters of this green/brown/black fabric, so I quilted it up too. I should have enough to make 2 bathroom bags out of this piece. I'll let Paul decide which one or ones he wants and use the other(s) as gifts.
It was stll early, so I loaded my tree skirt. I'm kind of disappointed in the pattern. I measured it at 47" and the pattern called for twice the fabric length for backing, so I made the backing. I loaded it and quilted it with a very small stipple. The stitching is small and tight, but that's the look I was going for.
I love the look of the King Tut thread on the center.
I got it quilted in a couple hours and I was so proud of it, until I realized that It was only 40" across and 47" diagonally. I didn't need the whole extra yard and 1/4 that I had pieced together for it. So now I have a whole lot of fabric left! I'm definately going to have to use up the fabric scraps I have left and make a tablerunner. After I got it finished I put it on the kitchen table and it makes a great tablecloth. I may be convinced not to make it into a tree skirt now. I'm going to think on it before I cut the binding.
I feel so good with all I got done tonight! I also layed out the fabric for backing the Essence tablerunners and got the thread out too. I picked out the borders for the one tablerunner, but was too tired to work on it tonight, so I'll have to do that later too.