Monday, September 06, 2010

Happy Holiday Table Topper


This weekend I actually got time to sew/quilt. Saturday after work I just couldn't decide what to work on, so I cleaned/organized my sewing studio. It feels so good to have it organized and I can find what I need. I packed two bags for my class that I'm teaching Wed. I usually keep all my beginning quilting stuff together, but it's been about 6 months since I last taught it, so I needed to reorganized and make sure it was all together. Then I started packing for the quilt retreat mom and I are going to this weekend. It's going to be so fun and relaxing to get away. I cleaned my machine and figured out the couple projects I want to take. I know I'm taking more than I can accomplish, but I don't want to get bored. I recently stocked up on cream and white warm and natural batting, but it was all folded, so I rolled it on to the poles I have. It works so much better when I can cut it off the roll.
I couldn't decide what to work on next, so I pulled out the fabric I just got last weekend to make a Halloween table topper using the Atkinson Designs Happy Holidays pattern. It cut out quick, sewed up quick, and I had all six pieces done by Sat. night. It took me less than an hour! Today I finished up the first one and made a second one, either it will be a gift, a sample, or for my office. I quilted both and put the binding on them tonight. It feels great to have two projects accomplished in such a short time. I just love how it turned out with the candy cane fabric and I have a candy cane bowl from Hobby Lobby that will look great on it.

No comments: