Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Trick or Treat Bags

Monday night was my first live session of my graduate class for the quarter. I had planned to do homework after it was over, but my brain was fried, so I sewed instead. I made 5 little treat bags. They turned out super cute! I still have 5 more of the opposite contrasts to do, but it was getting late, so I quit. I didn't realize how small they were going to be, but I just love what they look like, so I think they'll be great for little gifts for friends.
IMG_0022
Last night I worked on more hand work on my Baby Blocks tablerunner. I have it about half done. Then I made the backing and loaded the double knit quilt for Aunt Vi. I made two passes which were great, then the next one the tension was totally off. It was so bad I had to take it out. After 30 min. of taking it out, it was late and I gave up for the night. I couldn't figure out what was causing it either, so I'll have to see if I can figure it out when I'm not so tired. I'm thinkin maybe a new needle and I lowered the bar a bit. I've gone through 2 bobbins already because I'm using Robinson Anton thread. It's going to take 20 bobbins at the rate I'm going. I'm going to concquer this quilt if it kills me and it just might. Double Knit is very hard to keep from stretching and the seams are lumpy.  Here's hoping I can finish it this week yet.

6 comments:

Cindy said...

Those little bags are just adorable.

Nichole said...

Cute project!

WoolenSails said...

Those bags are really cute.
Great idea for trick or treat bags or goodie bags, if you do not get too many kids.

Debbie

BitnByAQuiltingBug said...

Love those little bags. Sew cute! Hope you get the tension thing figured out tonight!

piecesofpatti said...

Those are the cutest little bags! I am going to have to start doing little projects like that since I have a grandson on the way!

Barb said...

Those are so cute! I need to do more halloween stuff.