Wednesday, December 01, 2010

November Quilting Accomplishments

November was an extremely productive month for me. I put in 105 hours, which is the most I've had in the last 9 months! Actually it ties for the most hours per month this year. I did a lot of handwork on my EPP tablerunner, spent a whole weekend at a sewing retreat, and spent 2 nights sewing with the girls, which really pushed me to the top. I actually accomplished my goals and I got more done than I expected. I don't expect December to be as productive, but then it'll depend on when our Little Miss Jackrabbit decides to make her appearance.
My November goals included:
Pink Ribbon Bags - 2 I made one for mom and I think I'll be sending another to a former teacher who just found out she has BC. It always feels good to give to others, so I think she'll like it.
IMG_0004
Groovy Girls Samples - 2  I made the monkey bag and the pocket coin purse. They were really well received at GG's and we had a great time. There's still time to join and get all the patterns.
IMG_0005 IMG_0010
Quilt Aunt Vi's Quilt - 1 Quilted - Still needs binding.
Sewing Bags - 4 I planned to make 4 sewing bags for the girls I was retreating with. I've had this sewing fabric for 2+ years and when I got to quilting it I had enough to make 6 bags. I ended up giving them to the girls, keeping a couple for myself, and giving one to Jenn for her birthday. I still have fabric leftover to make something.
IMG_0084
Deer Wall Hanging  - I made this wall hanging for Paul's boss for Christmas. It actually turned out great and I'm looking forward to gifting it this week.
IMG_0068
Other projects for the month included:
A selvage coin purse for Groovy Girls Sample.
IMG_0012  IMG_0013
Two project bags to take to retreat
IMG_0015
A small project bag for retreat
IMG_0017
Quilted a wall hanging for mom
IMG_0050
Made a bag for Jenn's birthday to match her little bag and block roll-up
IMG_0080
Block Roll-ups for Jenn and I
IMG_0099
Sewing Themed quilt for me - Top Done
IMG_0013
One Block Wonder - Top Done
IMG_0024
Groovy Girls samples - Napkins
IMG_0082
More Napkins
IMG_0084
Medium sized tabletopper
IMG_0088

I also finished 3 sets of Wonder Block blocks, but haven't taken any pictures of them. They are slowly being pieced at sewing nights with the girls because I don't have to think too hard on them and they aren't a huge priority to get done. I have the borders on the sewing quilt and hope to get it quilted in Dec. I also made a special gift for a friend this month, but I can't show it until it's given which should be soon. I finished the UFO SewDown with 32 projects finished! Only a couple UFO's though, so I need to keep plugging away at them.

December Goals
Baby Bag
Quilt Sewing Themed Quilt
BOM Setting Blocks
Quilt OBW Quilt




2 comments:

BitnByAQuiltingBug said...

Wow, Moneik! You're making me look like a slug! This fall has been just too busy! Do me a favor and say a prayer for a friend of mine who has been admitted to a hospice home. She's been fighting cancer for 9 years. I'm going to spend the some time with her today.

Linda said...

Regina and I would be graduates of Slacker University, except we couldn't even get up the drive to take our finals. LOL. Seriously, Moneik, you are amazing. I love your productivity and great projects.