Last night I was finally able to get the quilting done on the Cowgirls One Block Wonder. It came out a lot different than I expected, but it's better than I originally thought it was going to be when I got the blocks sewn. I quilted with loops and used Black King Tut and Black Bottomline. I was originally going to use a red/green/blue/yellow verigated thread, but when I was testing for tension, I realized it was way too bright for the quilt and the black let the fabrics show instead of the thread.
Here's a close up of the quilting. You can't see the quilting in the black, but it has the same loops. I ended up moving my Ott Light onto the frame so I could see to quilt the black on black.
I love the randomness of loops and they remind me of the ropes in the fabric. They also worked great because I could maneuver around the bulk where the big seams came together.
The backing shows the quilting better. I can even see the quilting in the black in this picture. I used the leftover piece for the backing and added black down both sides to make it wide enough. I love having the full piece of fabric on the back so I can see what the original fabric looks like.
I swear these One Block Wonder quilts are so addicting! I'm on the look out for another great fabric to make one from. It's like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're going to get! I'll get the binding sewn on this week and hand sew the binding down next week during breaks. Check another UFO off the list!