Monday, December 13, 2010

December Groovy Girls

Friday night we had our December Groovy Girls meeting at the store. Lots of the girls brought the Cash and Carry wallets for Show & Tell. Several brought more than one. Gaila brought 12! She has a lot more cut out too. I couldn't believe it. She was on a roll. Have you seen the new MC6300? It's a quilting machine with the bigger harp, but less stitches. It looks awesome for those who would like the bigger harp, but don't need a lot of decorative stitches.
IMG_0015
Tammy showed everyone how to make and fold napkins, how to do the Happy Holiday's table topper, and how to make the 10 min. tablerunner. It was a fun night and there were 20+ ladies there to enjoy the evening. There were 12 who stayed to sew and we all got lots done. Jenn and Gaila worked on Holiday tabletoppers and Shonna worked on binding tablerunners. I put the borders on my Cowgirl OBW and made the backing. I have it loaded on the frame and started quilting on it Sat. night. Pictures will come when I get it done, or get back to it.
IMG_0017
Jenn made me these awesome Christmas ornament project bags. They are so darn cute! I can't wait to put a new project in each one. I still am working on my Christmas purse and I have a tablerunner I'm going to put in the other one. Thanks so much Jenn!
IMG_0022
Yesterday I wrote the final paper and turned it in. It's already been graded and I got an A! I should have an A in the class since I've done the other two assignments and they just need to be graded. I only need like 4 more points for an A! I'm so glad to be done with this class. It was on IT and just not one of my favorite subjects. I'm really looking forward to having Winter quarter off. It'll give me more time for quilting before and after baby comes. T-minus 4 weeks and our little one should arrive!

No comments: