Friday, December 10, 2010

Aunt Vi's 2nd Double Knit Quilt

Last night I was on a mission to finish this quilt. I've had it quilted for a month or so, but it had a few puckers in the back I needed to fix. I got them fixed and put the binding on last night. I did all the binding by machine, since this will be a utility quilt. I did a wave over the blocks of the quilt, which turned out to be a lot harder than I expected. Double Knit stretches A LOT! It's always going in a variety of directions.
There are also big thick seams with DK, so getting over the seams was a challenge. I quilted it with a blue verigated Robinson Anton on top and a blue Bottomline on the bottom. This one is a throw size. It's backed in the same blue as the first one.  I have another queen size left to quilt and it will have a green backing. I'm thinking I may do a brown verigated on it, since the colors aren't as bright. There are lots of browns and greens in it. It's a huge 9 patch quilt.
My goal is to have all of them done by Jan. when my aunt comes back from TX. Having 2 out of the 3 done makes me feel a lot better about them getting done by the deadline.

1 comment:

BitnByAQuiltingBug said...

I really like the wavy line quilting. I'll have to try that sometime soon. If I can ever get back to quilting......I know I will, but it's been crazy lately! Business is booming, too!