Sunday, November 07, 2010

Groovy Girls - November

Friday night was the first session of Groovy Girls at The Sewing Center/Fabric City. We had an awesome crowd in attendance and they all learned a lot from the variety of samples we had made. Tammy showed how to make the stow and go tote and the cash and carry wallets, along with the monkey business pattern.
IMG_0020
Jenn, Showna, Gaila, and I along with several others stayed to sew the night away. Jenn was showing Showna how easy it is to make the cash and carry wallet with pockets.
IMG_0025
Jenn finished her cash and carry wallet in about an hour!
IMG_0026
I was working on my One Block Wonder. I got all the blocks sewn together and started laying it out. I don't really like the layout, so will start over again, but I think a lot of it has to do with being tired.  Gaila grabbed my camera and was taking pictures.
IMG_0029
This is where I started, but I think I'm going to change it up a bit and do more heads, then bodies, then legs. We'll see how that goes. There is a lot of brown/tan in this one.
IMG_0032
Gaila made a cash and carry wallet and then she worked on quilting this tabletopper. I love her colors and helped her pick out threads to match several projects she was working on for gifts.

IMG_0042
We stayed till about 11:30! We were having so much fun and getting lots accomplished. I even started working on wonder blocks, but didn't get very far. I didn't even get the first set of blocks made! I can't wait till December when we get together again!

No comments: