Monday, August 23, 2010

Book of Faith Fabric Book

Several months ago, one of my college friends asked if I'd make a fabric book for another friend who is having a baby in the next month or so. She wanted it to be one they could take to church with them. I wasn't sure what I would find, but I sent my mom on the hunt and she found this First Book of Faith at HL. It's perfect for what my friend wanted. I've had it laying on my ironing board/cutting board for the last month or so waiting to be made. I knew it wouldn't take me long, but I just kept putting it off as other projects took priority. Next weekend I'm meeting up with the friend and I told her I would bring it along.
Since this week is sure to go fast and I knew I was in doable range with the tablerunners I had to make for the wedding gifts, I worked on this Sat. night when I didn't feel like getting the quilting frame set up. It only took me a couple hours and I was done, including the hand sewing. I love how it turned out. I really enjoy these quick and easy projects I can do late in the evening.
IMG_0351
IMG_0352
IMG_0353
IMG_0354IMG_0355
IMG_0356
IMG_0357
I didn't put anything on the This book belongs to line, so she can do that when the baby is born. I'm so looking forward to giving this to her. I'm sure she'll enjoy gifting it too.

1 comment:

Nichole said...

Moneik, I love it!!! Tell your mom thanks for finding that fabric too :). Cannot wait to see you on Friday!