Friday, July 25, 2008

Left Over Blocks = Baby Quilt

I had lots of left over blocks from the YBR and BFJR quilts, so I made them into a baby quilt. I didn't add borders as I had a piece of fabric that would just cover being the backing. I don't care for the blocks, but I think they work well together.
July Quilts 059
This picture shows the quilting and the thin binding strip. This is ready to have the hand sewing done on the binding. I'm really pleased with my quilting, for my very first time on the frame. There are things I learned and I'm sure it will get better as I do more quilts.
July Quilts 060

2 comments:

Three Birds Inspired said...

Great job! I am looking forward to the day I get a frame for mine!!

Anonymous said...

I love those purples. What a pretty way to use the leftover blocks. Your quilting looks great!