I completed my first project in the July sewing challenge! Last night I finished quilting and then squared up and put the binding on the baby quilt I made for my brother's new baby. It turned out really cute, but I was too tired to take a picture and just ended up going to bed. I learned the hard way that with flannel you need to have more in your binding strip to make up for the bulk. I usually use a 2.25" binding strip and it works great, but with flannel I should have made it wider to compensate for the bulk. I had a few places that didn't catch and I had to go back and redo them. Oh well I learned my lesson. I seriously considered doing the binding by hand so I would have some hand work for lunch today, but since it's for a baby and hopefully will be used and abused, I decided it was better to finish it up with the machine.