Monday, April 28, 2008

Church Banner Revealed!

I've been telling about the church banner I was making for the wedding for several weeks now and it's finally time to reveal it!

AprilQuilts 042
I quilted all afternoon on Saturday and finally got the quilting done. I wasn't impressed with the sand on the bottom, so Sunday after church I took it all out, went to Hancock's and got basting spray and put all 4 layers together. Then I took out part of the applique, readjusted it and started over again with the quilting and it turned out fabulous. It still needs to be washed and pressed, but I'm happy with how it all turned out. I spent all evening last night hand sewing the hanger down in the back. I am not a fan of handwork! The binding is on and it's ready to go! Just one more thing off the wedding to do list. I'm hoping to make a Miranda bag tonight, so we'll see if that happens.

9 comments:

Jen said...

You did a fabulous job!!

Kristie said...

Wow!!! That is beautiful! You should be very proud!
Kristie

Amelia said...

It is wonderful. The church members should very proud of have it hanging in their place of worship. May God bless you for your work.

Amelia in Oklahoma

Deb A said...

That came out great!

Anonymous said...

Wow. Beautiful. You are amazing in how much you manage to accomplish with a wedding this close.

Hazel said...

The banner is beautiful but how do you do so much ?

Cindy Larson said...

Your banner for the wedding is really beautiful! It is amazing to me how much you are doing for your special day. I couldn't pull it off. You should be proud and your memories will be even more special! keep up the great work!

Sandra said...

Wow you did a great job. Don't you have a wedding to be planning? lol How do you have time? I know you are proud of this, as should be.

Nancy said...

What a creative idea! You did a beautiful job on it. Will it stay in the church?