Although I needed to work on the church banner and applique the star on, I just didn't feel like sewing for the wedding yesterday, so I decided to make this wallhanging for Paul. He helped me pick out the fabric and I have enough to probably make two more just like it. I used steam a seam 2 and traced the pattern, put it on the fish fabric, cut it all out and appliqued it to the blue background. It actually turned out really well and I even did a small stipple on the fish. Paul helped me pick a King Tut thread that matched perfectly and I was really pleased with the results of my first attempt at small stippling. I kind of wanted to do the blue, but didn't have the right color thread, so left it and did the green border with Bottomline thread which worked well too. It's supposed to resemble a Rainbow Trout and then the small inner border is kind of like a rainbow.
Christine Bump of Quilts and Stithes, who makes these patterns is local and she has several out already. I have the deer head which I am making for my dad and possibly my bros and Paul and the fish. She also has a moose, elk, buffalo, horse, mountain cougar, and maybe others. She's working on a Pheasant.