Monday, April 28, 2008

I got to sew this weekend!

This is probably the last weekend before the wedding where we won't be busy or at my parents house, so I was really looking forward to some sewing time.
I spent several hours quilting the church banner on Saturday afternoon. The last section was giving me fits, so I decided to leave it for a while and work on the quilters wall hanging. Jen sent it to me for my birthday and I bought fabric to border it which was done, so I just had to quilt it and bind it. I ended up getting it quilted and the first half of the binding done before supper. Paul made Manicotti and frenchbread and we had a date night at our house. It was really good. Since it was date night, I put away my sewing and we watched a movie.
Sunday morning I finished pinning the binding in place and after church sewed it down. Last night I finished the hand stitching on the hanger. It looks great and will hang in my sewing studio. Thanks again Jen! I absolutely love it and it'll give me inspiration.
AprilQuilts 039

1 comment:

Jen said...

That looks awesome!!! I can't wait to throw mine together. Of course, now I'm thinking my sewing studio is just going to clash with all the colors I've got going in it.