Wednesday, February 17, 2021

Weekend Sewing

This weekend was bitterly cold in the Black Hills of SD. It never reached above 0 for a high. I made this Let's Play Hearts runner by Atkinson Designs using L'amour fabric by Sandy Gervais for Moda. This fabric is 11+ years old as I made my first hexie quilt out of it. 
I spent quite a bit of time on Sunday sewing the diamonds into the edges to give me a place to cut out the fabric so I can add binding. I was so proud of myself for adding the extra two rows at the end, until I realized the two hexies in the center bottom are white instead of cream. 
See the white standing out? Luckily I had the cream grunge with the other fabrics from this line, so I was able to cut new fabric and re-use the hexies. I finished sewing them on and then removed all the  papers while the Daytona 500 was on. It was a perfect way to enjoy my birthday, doing English Paper Piecing with my family. 
My dad's quilt from his grandma was in the quilting room, so I took a picture to show his cousin. She said she got a quilt from their grandma with butterflies too. Quilting ran in both sides of my family. 

 

2 comments:

Deb A said...

You got a lot done on your day off! Love the butterfly quilt. Love the heart runner and the stars are wonderful. I might have to try EPP again sometime.

Shah Sazib said...

This quilt looks very beautiful! Anyway, Broadway Fabrics is here with an amazing Quilt Patterns from Notions Supplies. Check the dazzling range now!