Friday, February 19, 2021

Thursday night sewing

Last night I finished sewing and pressing the caring heart blocks. I have 14 made, so that should last me through the year. I hope to be able to start sending them out to the guild members who have health challenges. I have received quite a few and I look forward to putting them into a quilt. I used pink scraps I had in my drawer for these. 
Threadology quilt along from 2019 is my APQ UFO challenge for February. I had hoped to get 1 block per week done. We're in the 3rd week and I had only gotten block 1 done, so last night after adding a 6" piece of binding to the Jungle Friends baby quilt, I quickly sewed these up. These are the block 2 blocks and the simple 9 patches went together very quickly (30 minutes). I cut the entire quilt out in Little Snippets and it's very organized by block, so I hope to get another one done this weekend. 
I spent most of yesterday working on the binding of Jungle Friends. I had an hour at the orthodontist and then 1 1/2 hours at the First Communion parents meeting of hand sewing time on the binding. I had ran short by 2" when I put the binding on, so I had to pick more up at The Sewing Center yesterday and sewed it in last night, so I can get it finished this weekend. 

I am also working on the Thread Dispenser, so I need to cut out the pieces that go with the zippers. Only I decided to use green zippers and I need a fabric to go with it or I might use the cream Tula fabric. I'm so thrilled to be able to work on these projects as I am done with all my "customer" quilts. I do enjoy doing these projects, but often my own projects get set aside. I'm ready to work on my own stuff. I keep cutting out more and more projects and I need to just work on them instead of cutting out more. I have at least 5 bags cut out in Pinkerville Unicorns. 

The weather has finally warmed up (14 above 0), so I am looking forward to a weekend with no plans, yet we don't have to worry about the cold. 

 

1 comment:

Sara said...

I love the Caring Heart idea for your guild members. I may suggest that to our guild IF we EVER get to start meeting again. It's so good to see you having the energy to sew again. It's great therapy!