Wednesday, February 10, 2021

APQ Bag UFO #2 Super Tote by Noodlehead

 

My APQ Bag UFO #2 is the Super Noodle Tote. I started this one in July 2019. I loved seeing others Super Totes and I had to have the pattern. I cut it out, started it, and then needed to get piping and quit. I bought something to use for piping, but when I went to make it, I decided against it. I'm happy with how it turned out without the piping. I had a purple zipper, but I found this dark teal and I think it really accents the rest of the bag. 

The pattern was fairly simple to follow and the gusset which I was a little concerned about fit in perfectly. I am not usually a fan of 1/2" seams, but for this bag, it worked well. I'm not sure how I will like the elastic pockets, but I put them in as the pattern suggested and I'll see what I think before making them again. 
The back of the bag matched up fairly well. 
I also was able to get the front pocket matched up fairly closely. I was impressed with the matching. I didn't like the little flap it suggested, so I did a fully lined pocket on the front. I used King Tut 935 a variegated teal/raspberry/lime green thread. I like how it accented the gusset and handles. I ran out of thread on Sunday night, so I had to wait until Tuesday to pick up another spool so I could finish. It gave me an opportunity to work on the baby quilt I am working on for a customer.

 Arrival is one of my favorite fabrics and my friend Bekah makes bags from the canvas of this print. It's a beautiful print and I have probably 10 or 15 bags out of the fabric and a mask to match. 


1 comment:

Jennifer said...

It’s a great bag - I made one a while back but I don’t love how the handles lay so I don’t use it as a purse, but I do use it to hold the “up next” stitching projects!