Thursday, February 04, 2021

Mom's Cross Stitch & New Baby Quilt

My mom was a prolific crafter. She tole painted, crocheted, Hardanger, cross-stitched, garment sewed, and quilted. She was very prolific at starting, but she was not a finisher. She rarely finished anything. She got to the point where she could see what it was going to look like and then she was on to the next project. I inherited a lot of UFO's and finished most of them. I had this cross-stitch picture she did, but it needed framing. I finally got around to buying the frame and then watching a floss tube video on how to finish cross-stitch pictures. I am pleased with how it turned out and now I'm ready to tackle the other piece I found that she created.

I hung it in my office at work. 
I am busy making a baby quilt for a high school classmates new grandbaby. I'm switching up the Jungle Friends pattern and making elephants, monkeys, and giraffes. 
The pattern isn't easy to follow, but it has good cutting directions and pictures, so it's been pretty easy. I have the monkeys cut out and then I will be ready to assemble and quilt. I love how they are turning out. 
I also started the Block 1 blocks for Threadology sew along from a few years ago. I cut it all out but never started piecing it. It's my APQ selection for this month, so I am going to see if I can at least get the blocks pieced. It's in Little Snippets by Bonnie and Camille fabric. 

 

No comments: