Tuesday, February 23, 2021

Large Thread Dispenser

I fell in love with a thread dispenser pattern I saw in a group on Facebook. I used this leftover piece of Pinkerville, which was 1/4" too small, and quilted it up at dad's house last week. I know the heads are cut off, but it was the right size and I don't think many will be looking at the outside. 
I used 5" pieces with the zippers, so they are a bit wider than the pattern, but I wanted my big Aurifil threads to fit in the pockets. I kept the bottom one the same size, so I could put extras in it. 
I put all my thread in, except the purples and I'm pleased with it, although I think I have it a bit too full and could take some out. 
It was a bit hard to photograph, but you can see that you can see the bottoms of the spools to be able to see the numbers on them. 
I rolled it up and will get a button for it. 
The friend I made the baby quilt for, gave me these beautiful orange roses. It was our high school colors, so they are even more meaningful. 

 

No comments: