Wednesday, February 10, 2021

Last weeks sewing progress

My friend Pat and I have been talking about supporting local businesses. So I sent her a mug from Prouty Pottery for her birthday and she sent me goat lotion this week for my birthday. I love the cute goat picture and note from the shop owner. 
Threadology quilt along is my APQUFO for February. I've had it cut out for 2 years, so if I can get the blocks done, I will be happy with my progress. I finished block 1 last week. 
I'm not a huge fan of Ohio star blocks, but I really enjoyed making these. I'll be making block 2 as a leader/ender tonight when I work on the baby quilt I am making. 
I attended the virtual SDHEA (SD Higher Education Association) conference Friday. It was a great day with some amazing speakers. I thoroughly enjoyed it. I also presented for the conference. 
Friday was also Go Red for Women Day for the American Heart Association. This year it's especially important to me as I deal with a heart beating at 15% compared to the 60% it should be at normally. Since red is our opposing schools colors, I couldn't wear it at work, but I did wear it that evening to take hubby to Urgent Care. His knee popped and he couldn't put weight on it. He's now been to Orthopedic Urgent Care (who knew there was such a thing?), MRI, and just saw the Dr. He has a meniscus tear and will see if heals on its own. 
Sunday we watched the Super Bowl as our Chiefs were playing. It didn't have the outcome we would have liked, but we're still fans. Our sports caster loves the National Anthem. 
Monday I worked on the monkey blocks for the baby quilt I am working on for a customer. It's going to be so cute, but boy they are tiny pieces. I'm hoping to get the 4 blocks together tonight and then figure out how to piece the blocks into a quilt top. Quilting day planned for Monday. 

 

No comments: