Thursday, February 11, 2021

Remembering my mom Delia

Last night I had about 30 minutes and quickly made this wrist wrap for my friend Mitch to match the other one I made him. They are quick and fairly easy. 
Today it has been 10 years since my mom passed away. I still miss her a ton, but I know she's watching over me. 
I pulled out one of her cross stitch kits and I organized the thread. Now if I start it, it will be a miracle. I think I might still have some of her skill left in me. 
Today at lunch I worked on a table runner for my friend. This is the missing end piece. I need one more gray star and then I can put it together I think. I'd like to finish it before her March 1st birthday, but we'll see if that happens. I'm going to give it a try this weekend to see if I can get it to the quilting stage before Monday. 

 I also busily cut out my Grassy Creek Clue 6 at lunch today. I'm not string piecing, so it was time to get them cut and ready to sew. I'll finish cutting the corner triangles tomorrow. 

1 comment:

Sara said...

Your mom shared her love of fiber art with you through quilting and stitching, so I'm sure she is watching over you continuing to enjoy those things. My mom passed along her love of sewing and reading to me. In July it will be 30 years that she's been gone.