My Cafe Bistro quilt is almost complete! I finished quilting it at midnight on Friday night and got the binding cut out and squared up. I was up before 7 AM Sat. morning to put the binding on it. I glued the binding down at lunch time at work on Sat. and now I'm working on the handsewing of the binding on my lunch breaks this week. The squares were fussy cut and then I added two fabrics around the fussy cut centers to make the blocks. The picture is pretty dark, but the next one shows the more accurate color.
I quilted small meandering around the center squares and used a wool batting so it would poof. I used a brown/teal King Tut verigated thread top and bottom and used the entire spool! I used a size 14 titanium needle and I had no thread sheading whatsoever! I used 6 full bobbins which kind of surprised me, but it's the first time I've quilted this small on such a large quilt. It measures 62" x 83".
Sat. after work I went to supper with my friend D and her friend. Then we went back to D's house and sewed for the evening. She bought a new sewing machine on Sat. and was anxious to try it. We sewed for a couple hours before I went home. I got about 6 blocks done of a quilt I'm making out of the leftover 3" of my Bistro fabric. I have enough to make 20 blocks for a 4x5 block set quilt. I think it will be a Christmas present if it turns out okay.
Paul got home yesterday around noon and we did a few errands and then we helped him hang the buck he got on Sat. and the buck Ed got on Sun. morning. I got to run the wench on the 4-wheeler to hang them up. They are hanging in our garage ready to be processed on Wed. night. He's pretty excited to have gotten it. They still have their doe tags and the season doesn't close until Nov. 23, but they both have to work. They are going to use them on the second season when you can only get an antlerless deer, Jan. 1-9.