Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Sunday Sewing

Sunday we did errands and I scored a new pair of jeans and a t-shirt from Cabela's on clearance for $20. I was so excited. I just love awesome deals, since the jeans are normally $50 and the shirt $20. When we got home I was exhausted and ended up taking a nap. When I got up, Mikaela had some grandma/daddy time and I loaded Jenn's quilt on the frame. I'd been waiting for a weekend to do it since I knew it would take a while. It quilted up beautifully!
Quilt 046
I used a cream King Tut and Cream Bottomline, since there were so many colors and they are such a different shade of colors. I wasn't finding a verigated King Tut to match. I love how the cream looks on it. It let's the fabrics shine.
Quilt 047
The stippling went well and everything laid flat.
Quilt 049
The flowered Hunky Dory was the backing as well. I just love the colors in it. She also pieced part of the back.
Quilt 051

I was able to quilt the entire quilt in about 4 hours. I'm just so impressed with it and hope she likes it as well. It was 77x90 and she used a white warm and white batting.

1 comment:

Jenn Boerger said...

Love it, Moneik! You're the best and thanks so much for quilting this for me. It's always so special to me when you are the one to quilt one of my quilts!