Tuesday, September 13, 2011

2011 Relay for Life

This year the Relay for Life was held in Midland. My dad's team from Milesville participated, so Mikaela and I joined him. The opening ceremonies were awesome. It was a beautiful day with 92 degree heat, but it cooled in the evening.

Relay for Life 001
The Milesville Mardi Gras team was selling pies and ice cream, and lap beads.
Relay for Life 007
I made these Luminaries for my mom.
Relay for Life 009
I covered them in lots of pictures.
Relay for Life 010
Others made them for her too.
Relay for Life 012

Relay for Life 014
I made this one for my grandpa Jim.
Relay for Life 015

Relay for Life 016
Mikaela was a trooper. We went to church and she flirted with the little 3 year old in front of us. She walked 4 miles with me after church and finally conked out for the ride home at 11:30!
Relay for Life 017
They had this big lit sign which was neat.
Relay for Life 029
We lit these big paper lanterns and let them go into the night sky.
Relay for Life 026

Mikaela and I walked 4 miles and had a great evening with my dad remembering and celebrating mom's life. Our team raised over $3,000 and all the teams raised over $26,000, which for a small rural area is amazing!

No comments: