Monday, September 12, 2011

Central States Fair Exhibits

The Central States Fair is held the 3rd week of August in Rapid City every year. It's kind of like our county fair, even though we live in a different county. This year i decided to exhibit a few of my quilts and clothing items. I took home 8 1st place ribbons, 6 2nd place, and 3 3rd place ribbons.  A few pictures of my quilts follow with their ribbons.
My newest quilt though not shown well here, is the Square pants block wall hanging that got a 2nd.
Central States Fair 004 
 The Koi fish quilt for my MIL got a 1st.

Central States Fair 007 

The sewing quilt got a 2nd and the OBW got a 3rd. 

Central States Fair 008

The 5 & Dime got a 2nd.
Central States Fair 010 
 My jacket got a 1st, it's next to the winner of the class.
Central States Fair 012 
 The Schlep Bag I entered in the sewing competition got a 1st. I'll be teaching this one again soon as it's a fun class.
Central States Fair 013
The Bib/Apron I made for Mikaela got a 1st.
Central States Fair 015
The pants I made for Paul got a 1st in the serged category.
Central States Fair 016
The Brown and Teal quilt got a 2nd.
Fair 050 
 My English Paper Pieced, hand appliqued tablerunner won 1st and Best of class in the Original Design category. I was so excited to win as I had put in a lot of hours on this tablerunner in the past year.
Fair 052
Here's an up close of the ribbon. I've put it in my office with the tablerunner. I'm still so in shock! I won a $20 GC to a local craft store. It will be so much fun to go shopping for something new there.
Fair 053
Mikaela's cowgirls baby quilt won 2nd.
Fair 055
It was an exciting year at the fair and I so enjoyed entering. It would have been better had the lady who was entering my items not questioned if I'd really made all these or if someone else quilted them for me. I know she didn't know me, but it still felt downgrading that I shouldn't be able to make these items just because I'm young.

No comments: