Tuesday, September 20, 2011

September Groovy Girls

Friday night was our first Groovy Girls of the new year. We had lots of new faces as well as a lot of returning members.
Darlene and Michelle, the two in center front, are the girls I worked with at the shop before. It was so good to see them and catch up. Shonna in the white and Jenn hidden in the green were also there. They stayed to sew as did Pam and Sue. It was so good to catch up with everyone after the summer break. Sherry and Emily were able to be there as well. I always enjoy my evening out with the girls.
Groovy Girls 002
Tammy does the program and this month was on the Kindle cover. She's showing the one I made out of the Maxine fabric. I have a co-worker who will be getting it for Christmas.
Groovy Girls 004
She also showed the CD/DVD holder I made out of the new pattern by Gudrun using her new Super fabric line.
Groovy Girls 013
I was so productive in the sewing department that night. I finished sewing all the Blush 60* blocks and finished sewing all the blocks for my Mocha Merigue Wonder Blocks quilt. That's been an old UFO that I know I will like, but just didn't care for piecing the blocks. Once I got started though, they were easy to finish. I also pulled the fabric to make Jacque's block for the swap. I was able to use my stash and have 14 different fabrics in it without cutting into my jewel toned batik fat quarters I had been buying, so I think I may just have to make another quilt with those since I love them so much. I got in about 5 hours of sewing which felt so good!

No comments: