Monday, March 01, 2010

February Quilting Accomplishments!

This was an extremely productive month for me, even though I didn't get all my goals accomplished. The only thing I didn't get finished were the project bags, but I need a missing piece before I can finish them. They aren't pressing, so i'm not too worried.

February Quilting Goals:
9 Patch Blocks - 6 - 9 patch blocks done
Notre Dame Baby Bag - Completed and given to Amy & Jacob at the shower Mom & I hosted
Project Bags - Need logo applique
Siggy Quilt - Finished two siggy tops and backings are prepped for quilting
Zoo Animals Baby Quilt Finished - Finished making top, quilting, binding, and label and sent with the grandma to the new family.

I also worked on these projects in February
Valentine's Tablerunner... hand sewing together, so it will probably take me till next Feb. to finish!
Thangles Blocks - I finished 2 and hope to do at least 2 BOM blocks each month so I can finish this quilt.
Valentine's Wall Hanging - This was quickly quilted up and hanging in my office for V-Day.
Baby Chicks Quilt Quilted for Mom - I quilted this one for mom and she put the binding on, then while we were waiting for Dr. appointments, we did the hand binding together and got it all done in less than 2 hours.
Three Tablerunner tops - Club Sandwiches, 2 Fast Food - I made three tops and practiced my quilting on one of the Objects of Desire tablerunners and got the binding on it.

Other things in February
Tough Enough to Wear Pink at Stock Show
My 30th Birthday
NEW Janome 1600P Quilting Machine - I quilted my 70th quilt on my frame with my new machine and the tension was perfect! I'm in love with the new machine.
Spring Sewing Party

March will be a busy month as we head to my parents two weekends in a row to butcher steers, but also fun because I'll get to play with my beautiful little niece. I'll be attending the Wall Quilt Banquet with mom, so we'll get to enjoy going back to the guild we used to belong to a few years ago.

Time to think about some goals for March...
Paul's Wolf Applique - his birthday is the 30th, so I'm shooting for finishing before then. It's been 1 1/2 years since I started working on it, so hopefully I can get it finished.
2 Thangles BOM blocks
6- Snowball blocks
Quilt Siggy Tops - After a bit more practice with my new machine
Sweet Escape Tablerunner - All cut out and ready to go - Class sample for April
Quilt Club Sandwiches Tablerunner - Class sample for March


1 comment:

BitnByAQuiltingBug said...

Wow, Moneik! That's a lot for a short month. I, on the other hand, accomplished.....coughing! Ha!