Each day I set goals, some for work, some for stuff I want to get done, and usually a few quilting goals. Last night my goal was to get the 5 Yard quilt top blocks sewn together and the borders on it. I figured 3-4 hours was plenty of time to get it done, since it's a small quilt. Survivor was on though, so I got sucked into watching it. I cut out pieces for the wolf applique I've been working on. I was supposed to be my hubby's birthday present, but now it's looking like about our 5th anniversary present. There are a TON of tiny itty bitty pieces to cut out. After an hour worth of cutting, I had a total of about 10 of the 50 pieces cut out. I cut out all the pieces on two of the 10 colors of fabric. I don't think I can do more than about an hours worth at a time, because it made my hands very sore.
I headed down to the studio to work on the 5 yard quilt and got the blocks all sewn together. Now that it's together the colors go a lot better than I thought they would. Since it was a kit, I didn't have much choice of the colors.
I talked to my dad for about an hour tonight while I was sewing the borders on. Sounds like they still have lots of snow, but now the flooding has begun. I started putting on the borders when I realized I was about 1 strip too short. I ended up doing straight pieced borders which worked out. I'm hoping to get it on the frame and get it quilted tonight. I'd like to have the binding on it too, so I can take it to do the handsewing on tomorrow night at our Girls Night Out event.
The border really ties the whole quilt together, so I'm really liking how it's turned out. It was almost 10:30 when I finished up last night, which is fairly late for me to stay up quilting during the week, but I'm so glad I accomplished my goals.