Friday, March 12, 2010

Paul's Mounted Fish

After 9 months of waiting, the day finally arrived for Paul to pick up his mounted large mouth bass from the taxidermist. He was so excited and it's way bigger than I remember. He caught it last year, 4th of July weekend at my Uncle Tom's dam. The whole family was out there fishing and frying. I did more of the frying than the fishing, but it was still fun. I took lots of pictures of my niece trying to hold the pole. She was just starting to walk then. We always have so much fun fishing with my family. Usually we go catfishing, but last year there was too much flooding, so it wasn't good at the river.
He hung it on our living room wall. The same guy is doing his deer head mount, but it will be another few months before it is done. IMG_0900

IMG_0878

While we had upper 40's today, my parents are still in the blizzard area. They had 20+ inches of snow this week and lots of blowing wind. My parents were snowed in as were my brother and family. It's so hard to believe that we have dry streets and they have blocked roads. Maybe by Mother's Day the snow will be gone out there. We still have a 2 foot drift in our front yard, but it's slowly going away.  


No comments: